We are regenerating for a better future. And here is how.
Kite Creative – Renewable, traceable, re-useable and beautiful kitchens
We are designing and building contemporary kitchens that are environmentally and sustainably better for you and the planet. Helping to keep toxins low, improve air quality, and contribute towards reducing our carbon footprint.
The heart of the house, the kitchen, really can look this good and still be sustainable, ethical and better for the planet.
In our first commission with Greencore Construction and Ssassy Property, we’ve delivered an eco-kitchen for one of their Passive House properties, using over 75% sustainable materials.
Located at Springfield Meadows in Oxfordshire, this is a Climate Positive, net-zero energy development of 25 homes near Abingdon with a focus on high quality design and place making. Beautiful shared spaces include a wildflower meadow, orchard, and pond, designed to help to create a thriving community and to maximise biodiversity.
The kitchen details.
- A contemporary simple handle-less design.
- Most surfaces are recycled, all food-safe, durable and made from long lasting materials.
- Carcasses are made from Ecoboard, bio-based panels made from agricultural residue such as straw, reed or sugar cane, 100% formaldehyde and VOC free. 100% biodegradable.
- Non-VOC natural vegan paints and oils with no pesticides, herbicides or toxins.
- Recycled plastic components that can be recycled at the end of their use. All other fixings and ironmongery used within our kitchens have been carefully sourced to also be fully recyclable.
- All kitchen appliances are selected for their quality of build, durability and low energy consumption.
- All of our carcasses have been designed with a glue less construction method allowing them to be re-purposed further down the line.
- And finally, bespokely made in our local workshop using skilled craftsmen.
We don’t just talk our values – we live and breathe them.
So future generations can live and breathe on our planet too.
A new world of living. Creating and enabling the modern spaces of the future.
We source responsibly, searching for the most eco-sustainable materials we can find to help minimise environmental impact and enhance the recyclability of materials, increasing energy and material efficiency.
We work with recycled, upcycled and natural materials with low formaldehyde content and low VOC’s to help reduce pollutants in the atmosphere and source locally wherever possible.
We are working towards all of our products that we use or manufacture being fully traceable so you can understand what you are buying, what’s in the product, where has it come from, the conditions it was made under, how it arrived to you and how it will be re-used. This will also help us calculate the carbon footprint of all our kitchen components.
We are focusing on design, developing a circular process to ensure our kitchens will follow a circular process throughout their entire lifecycle; from raw materials, through production, to final kitchen furniture and finally re-purposing and recycling.
Modular, mobile and flexible this means the furniture can be updated with new parts, be re-used or integrated into new contexts. We place a strong focus on designing long-lasting quality products, that will both help the environment and be beneficial to you.
We care about waste and at every stage of production ensure as little wastage as possible is created from our materials.
Featured kitchen appliances:
- Quooker Fusion Square gold tap. When you dispense water from your Quooker tap, you use the exact amount of water you need. Unlike with a kettle, whereby people often boil more water than needed…or decide to re-boil it because the water has cooled down, wasting lots of energy!
- Miele- top range vented induction hob with it’s good energy rating and integrated extractor. Challenging the ideal of a separate cooker hood and hob, Miele have combined the two making it easier for homes with Kitchen Islands to keep a contemporary feel while still maintaining a powerful extraction rate. Frameless, this induction hob can be fitted seamlessly into a kitchen worktop or surface mounted and blends lovingly into any style of home. Despite having an integrated extractor fan, you can still fit extra storage underneath the hob thanks to the extraction space saving design.